Recent Posts

Nov 19, 2010

Review: Decorate by Yuna





The tracklist:

  1. Gadis Semasa
  2. These Streets
  3. Penakut
  4. Fireworks
  5. Rocket
  6. Random Awesome
  7. Permission
  8. Cinta Sempurna
  9. Decorate
  10. Super Something (Bonus Track)
  11. Dan Sebenarnya “acoustic” (Bonus Track)
Yuna's voice is always soothing and I find that in some of the songs her voice comes out hauntingly beautiful. Just like how Sharon sounded like in Memories, how Kate Havnevik sounded like in Sleepless, how Amy Lee sounded like in October.

My favourite would be Permission, Decorate and Penakut.

Permission is ultimately suitable for your listening when you're driving, strolling the sidewalks, with a little thinking to be done.

Decorate is LOVE but way too short. Seriously, Yuna left me craving for more. and the MV is just simple but with deep meaning behind it.

Penakut summarizes my feelings when I'm at the bottom of the rotating wheels of life. My exact feelings when it comes to the thing called LOVE?

as for the bonus track, Super Something and Dan Sebenarnya. Its okay , I guess.
I have love and hate relationship with Dan Sebenarnya.. I never like the song as it sounded too mainstream and too cheesy for me.But ironically, that's the song that brought recognisation for Yuna. and I have a soft spot for anything acoustic so Dan Sebenarnya acoustic version just underwhelmed my dislike for the song.

With that said, her first album is very GOOD. and hope to listens more from her.








0 feedbacks:

Post a Comment